EBV Elektronik is a leading distributor for semiconductors in Europe. We are happy that they also joined us as a sponsor of the IoT / WT Innovation World Cup series (submissions accepted until November 18). Here a short interview with Markus Vogt, Director Segment Healthcare & Wearables.
1) Can you shortly explain who EBV Elektronik are?
EBV Elektronik is the leading semiconductor distribution specialist in Europe. We are present in 26 countries with 64 offices. EBV Elektronik belongs to the Avnet Group in Europe. The main goal of EBV is to support a customer from an idea to a product, providing different support services, from technical support to finding the right production partner globally.
2) What are the main requirements of your clients?
Depending on the size of the company, the requirements range from engineering and design support to programming and worldwide logistic support.
3) Can you tell us more about EBVchips – how did you come up with the idea?
Sometimes it is hard for a customer to find the right semiconductor for their application. Customers would need a fully customized solution, but it is getting more and more difficult to reach the volume requirements of the semiconductor suppliers. Within the EBVchips program, we collect the requirements of our customers and offer complete module solutions, including the right software. This helps our customers a lot in terms of “ time to market “.
4) What do you think are the main challenges in the wearables market when it comes to electronic components?
The biggest challenge is currently to find the right balance between size, accuracy, price and availability.
5) EBV Elektronik is joining WT again at MEDICA. Who should visit you at the booth?
All visitors who are interested in the wearable market.
6) What are your favorite trends happening in the wearables ecosystem at the moment?
Two years ago the trend was to bring products to the market to collect as much data as possible. Now the trend is what you can do with all the data. Data analysis in the cloud to get information for the daily life of patients is one of the biggest trends.
7) What is your favorite wearable device (besides your own) and why?
My favorites are the true wireless earbuds, which give you more than just the possibility to listen to your favorite music. They are multi-functional information systems.
You can meet the EBV Elektronik team at the WT | Wearable Technologies joint pavilion at MEDICA in Düsseldorf on November 13-16 and several Innovation World Cup Events.