Finalists of WT Innovation World Cup will show many world’s first LIVE at the 14th WT | Wearable Technologies Conference on February 2, 2015 in Munich.
The club of the most innovative wearables worldwide have been selected by the international jury of the WT Wearable Technologies Innovation World Cup. From June until November 2014 more than 500 developers and innovators from around the globe submitted their innovations in wearable technologies in the categories Sports & Fitness, Healthcare & Wellness, Gaming & Lifestyle, Safety & Security, and Smart Clothing. They will become the future stars in wearable technologies and will compete for the “WT Innovator of the Year”.
Andrea Onetti, General Manager Volume MEMS & Analog Division, STMicroelectronics is excited: “This year’s entries in the Wearables Innovation World Cup once again highlight the extraordinary breadth and depth of innovation occurring in wearable technology. It was incredibly difficult to narrow the field for the finalists from among the many great projects submitted. We believe these finalists represent the “Best of the Best” and are excited to see who the voters select from an exceptionally qualified slate ̶ all of which are winners.”
More than 20 nominated finalists will present their products at the official award ceremony at the WT Wearable Technologies Conference in Munich on 2 February and will compete to become the category winner or even the WT Innovator of the Year.
And here are the WT Wearable Technologies Heroes (in alphabetical order):
Sports & Fitness:
- Hedokko: first garment that sees movement in 3D
- Mio FUSE: heart rate training and activity tracker
- Myovolt: soft wearable module delivering targeted vibration energy to muscles
- Notch: wearable 3D movement capture
- StretchSense: stretch sensors for measuring human body motion
Healthcare & Wellness:
- BitBite: hearable that tracks and improves eating habits
- dermoPatch: medical device actively diffusing drugs through the skin
- UpRight: devices to getting back in upright posture
- WEMU: smart healthcare solution for the diagnosis and monitoring of epilepsy
- Winmedical: modular device for comprehensive vital signs monitoring
Safety & Security:
- Ispopod: smart belt as sensor hub and full communication platform for protection of exposed persons
- Near Zero power GPS receiver technology: next generation of location-based wearable devices
- Oncall Body Cameras: enables emergency services personnel to stream live video, audio and GPS location
- ProGlove: sensor-based “smart glove” that can boost productivity for manufacturing jobs
- Tech Air Street: airbag system for street motorcycling
Gaming & Lifestyle:
- COBI: smart connected biking system
- Sendrato: smart festival wristbands
- TACTspace: discrete, personal digital communication – sensory messaging
- Lutetia and Omate X: smart watches
- WEES: wristbands able to read and learn finger gestures
- FabriXsense: smart biosensing clothing
- Sensoria: intelligent fitness socks
All Wearable Technologies Heroes will be on stage at the world´s biggest gathering for wearables: the WT Wearable Week / 14th WT Wearable Technologies Conference on February 2nd 2015 in Munich.