GTX Corp, an IoT platform and global provider of GPS tracking and monitoring wearable and wandering assistive technology, has released GPS enabled “Smart” insoles to track location of people with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia.
These have been designed specifically for wandering which is the most common side effect of dementia.
The patented GPS enabled “Smart” insoles fit easily into most adult shoes and let you monitor the whereabouts of loved ones who may tend to wander or are at risk of becoming disoriented and lost. No need for them to remember to carry a separate tracking device, just slip on their shoes and go – like they normally would.
The SmartSole leverages procedural memory, which means even those with advanced memory disorders typically remember to wear shoes.
If you have a loved one who’s suffering from dementia, you can track their location through any smartphone, tablet or web browser. You can also set up text and e-mail alerts if they leave or enter defined areas on a map.
GPS SmartSoles provide peace of mind for family members and those caring for the millions of people suffering from memory impairment and wandering which can be caused by Alzheimer’s disease, Dementia, Autism, Traumatic Brain Injury or other cognitive memory disability.
Here’s how it works:
- Wireless charging
- The ergonomic GPS SmartSoles* is placed inside a shoe.
- Family or caregivers can track movement of the people with dementia unobtrusively, leaving them free from the stigma of “lock on” bracelets.
- Completely waterproof. These have got military grade tracking technology from the USA. In an unlikely event if your loved one fall in a lake or river and perhaps become completely submerged, these tracking devices should still be able to locate them.
- SmartSoles also give you alert when they’re low on battery. When the charge goes below 20%, it will send out alert so you can get them charged before they go dead.
- Login to the online portal using a computer, tablet or smartphone and view the location history on a map.
- Includes the free Smart Locator mobile app (iOs & Android) for access to the location of loved ones at the touch of a button.
- Cellular technology within GPS SmartSole enables connectivity in the U.S. wherever 2G T-Mobile and/or AT&T GSM coverage is available.
- 1-2 day battery life with normal use ensures you are connected when you need it most.
- Create geozones around addresses to receive notifications when the GPS SmartSoles* approach or leave specified areas.
- Receive alerts such as ‘power on’ and ‘low battery’, which can be sent to multiple caregivers via email or text message.
£298.95 currently on their website. There’s also monthly fee of £29.95.