Celebrating 25 years of partnership with the United States Tennis Association (USTA), American Express has offered a range of onsite benefits for the fans and its Card Members attending the 2018 US Open Tennis Championships currently taking place at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center in New York.
Read more Montblanc Introduces TWIN Smart Strap and Wireless Payment Platform
To improve overall experience of fans, American Express will launch the Amex Band, a contactless payment wristband, which eligible card members can use to pay for purchases and unlock unique benefits jus by tapping on the band.
“Whether you’re a casual fan or have been attending the US Open for a decade, our goal is to deliver essential benefits and innovative experiences that enhance the overall Championship experience and reflect our brand’s best-in-class service platform,” said Deborah Curtis, Vice President, Global Experiences and Partnerships, American Express. “Our partnership with the USTA is a prime example of how we’re backing our Card Members and fans alike across their biggest passion points and favorite cultural events.”
Card Members can pick up and activate their Amex Band (one eligible American Express Card per band) at several locations at the US Open including the US Open American Express Fan Experience, South Plaza and American Express Radio Satellite Booths. Once activated, the card can be used to:
- Seamlessly purchase concessions (restaurants, suites and mobile carts excluded) and merchandise from accepting merchants
- Access the American Express Card Member Club and exclusive merchandise for purchase in the US Open American Express Fan Experience
- Access the Centurion Suite in Louis Armstrong Stadium (exclusively for Platinum and Centurion Card Members)
- Pick up complimentary American Express Radios and mobile phone chargers
- Purchase a customized Polo, water bottle and tote bag with four Amex-exclusive Polo Ralph Lauren designs at the American Express Exhibit in South Plaza
- Get $20 back after spending more than $100 in one or more transactions on-site at participating merchants at the US Open, if eligible for the $20 offer
Read more Apple to Add Support for Student ID to iPhones and Apple Watch For Six Colleges
American Express has partnered with tennis legend Venus Williams to showcase the new Band and its benefits through a social and digital content series highlighting all the benefits the credit card giant has to offer at the US open.