Join the 6th MEDICA MEDICINE + SPORTS CONFERENCE taking place at MEDICA, the world´s largest medical trade show with more than 128,000 visitors and 5,100 exhibitors.
The conference will open its doors on 13th and 14th of November 2018 in Dusseldorf and it’s going to be a fully packed 2 days for sports medicine experts, sports scientists and related disciplines driving physical activity and customized exercise and training programs worldwide.
Within 7 exciting conference sessions and a guided Innovation tour, leading sport medical professionals and international experts will provide new insights into the following topics: future concepts in professional sports, latest innovations in monitoring vital data and sport performance, tailored exercise programs; Exercise is Medicine, corporate fitness, and digital innovations in sports and healthcare.
The conference will start with the introductory speeches on:
- Global active city: A new framework to fight a pandemy of inactivity in a rapidly urbanizing world by Philippe Furrer, Senior Manager & Head of Youth Engagement, International Olympic Committee
- The rise of chronic diseases in children: An unwanted lasting legacy by Dr. Larry Durstine, Past President, American College of Sports Medicine
- Curbing the tide: The need to invest in active generations by Frank Dassler, President, FESI Federation of the European Sporting Goods Industry, adidas
Further speakers are:
- Dr. med. Wilhelm Bloch | Head of Department, Molecular & Cellular Sports Medicine, German Sports University Cologne, Past Vice President DGSP
- Dr. med. Mats Börjesson | Head of the Center for Health and Performance (CHP), Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, University Gothenburg and Sahlgrenska University Hospital
- Dr. Larry Durstine | Distinguished Professor Arnold School`s Department of Exercise Science, University of South Carolina, Past President American College of Sports Medicine
- Dr. med. Andrea Ermolao | Head of Department, Sport and Exercise Medicine Division, Director of the School of Specialization of Sport and Exercise Medicine, University Padova
- Dr. Urs Granacher | Head Training and Exercise Science, University Potsdam, Chair PotAS commission for reform of German Professional Sports
- med. Casper Grim | Medical Director of Orthopedics Osnabrück Hospital, Head Team Physician German Triathlon Union
- Dr. med. Frank Mayer | Medical Director of the University Outpatient Clinic, University Potsdam, Board Member of the GOTS and DOSB
- Dr. Willem van Mechelen | Professor of Occupational and Sports Medicine, VU University Medical Center, Department of Public and Occupational Health Amsterdam, Member of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) Medical & Scientific Expert Group.
- Dr. Yannis Pitsiladis | Professor of Sport and Exercise Science, University Brighton, Head of SUB2HRS Marathon Project, Member of the International Olympic Committee Medical and Scientific Commission, Executive Member FIMS
- Dr. med. Rüdiger Reer | Secretary General, German Sports Medicine Association DGSP, Deputy Director Exercise Science, University Hamburg
- Dr. Luis Bettencourt Sardinha | Professor of Exercise Prescription and Functional Body Composition and Energy Regulation at the Faculty of Human Kinetics, University Lisbon
- Dr. med. Uwe Tegtbur | Director of the Institute for Sports and Medicine, University Hannover, VP Sports Association Niedersachsen E.VAnd many more plus start-ups presenting digital innovations in sports and healthcare
Have a look at the entire line-up of speakers and the program here.
You have the chance to win one of 10 free WT VIP tickets to the 6th MEDICA MEDICINE + SPORTS CONFERENCE. If you are interested in one of the tickets, please send an email to Bharath Krishnamachari ([email protected]) with the subject line “WT MMSC 2018 VIP Ticket” and your name, organization and position before 18th October 2018. The winners of the free VIP tickets (value € 190 each) will be personally informed and will then receive the eCode for free registration.
Do not miss out the benchmark event and highlight of this year’s MEDICA!
Register now for the 6th edition of the MEDICA MEDICINE + SPORTS CONFERENCE!