While skiing, perspiration can make you feel uncomfortable and even affect your performance. Now, Swiss sports apparel brand KJUS has decided to solve the problem; they developed the world’s first ski jacket with an electronic, user-controlled membrane that removes sweat. Hydro_Bot, a new revolutionizing technology for moisture management integrated by KJUS into a ski jacket, actively pumps out sweat from inside the jacket to keep skiers dry, warm, and performing at their best.
Using a process called electro-osmosis, KJUS’s 7SPHERE HYDRO_BOT ski jacket actively pulls sweat away from the inner garments and out of the jacket. This overcomes the issue of sweat becoming trapped inside a skier’s clothing system, and the dreaded post activity chill that results from having saturated inner garments. The technology not only makes a skier feel comfortable, it also boosts performance, by ensuring the skier spends minimal energy on thermoregulation and maximum energy on their ski performance.
Ultra-simple to use, the jacket can we switched on and off with the integrated control unit or via Bluetooth from the iPhone & Android compatible app.
The HYDRO_BOT technology is incorporated into the jacket via two panels strategically located on the high-sweat zone of the back. The technology consists of 3 functional layers; a membrane made up of trillions of pores per m2, surrounded by conductive fabric. When a small electrical pulse is applied, the pores turn into micro-pumps, actively pumping sweat away from the body and out of the jacket quickly and efficiently. Ultra-simple to use, the jacket can we switched on and off with the integrated control unit or via Bluetooth from the iPhone & Android compatible app.
Developed and patented by Swiss technology company, Osmotex, HYDRO_BOT is a game-changer for the industry and the first significant innovation since membranes were introduced 40 years ago. “HYDRO_BOT solves one of the biggest challenges in the ski & sportswear sector – breathability, and the issues that arise when a skier builds up a sweat in sub-zero temperatures, while wearing warm, waterproof clothing,” says Joacim Holter, Managing Director and Chairman, Osmotex.
The 7SPHERE HYDRO_BOT Jacket will initially be available for men only and retails for CHF 1599 (£ 1299 / € 1399 / $ 1699). It will be available for purchase on www.kjus.com and through KJUS stores and select retailers from December 10th. It can be reserved online from November 22nd.
The 7SPHERE HYDRO_BOT at a glance
- User-controlled: on-demand moisture management at the touch of a button.
- Smart Sweat Management: Actively sweats out moisture keeping you warm and dry from the first run of the day to the last.
- Revolutionary: The only jacket to be able to match human sweat rates in terms of breathability.
- Moisture Transport: The panels actively pump out moisture from inside the jacket when an electrical pulse is applied.
- Body-Zoned: HYDRO_BOT panels are strategically located on the high sweat zone of the back.
- Beat the Chill: Prevents your inner garments from being soaked with sweat and the post-activity chill that results.
- Super-Efficient: Up to 10 x more efficient at reducing moisture inside your jacket than traditional membranes.
- Weather Independent: Unlike traditional membranes HYDRO_BOT gives you high performance even in sub-zero temperatures.
- Performance Boosting: With less energy spent on thermoregulation you can spend more energy on your ski performance.
- Sweat Monitoring: By measuring the amount of sweat passing through the panels the app is also able to make practical recommendations on how to regulate body temperature.