The electrocardiogram (ECG), also called EKG, is one of the most important and common tests in hospitals and clinics. It’s an easy procedure, noninvasive, delivers quick results, and is useful in diagnosing dozens of heart conditions. An ECG measures your heart’s electrical activity. However, to undergo an ECG test, the patient must visit a hospital or a clinic and sit next to a bulky machine while the doctor places sensors over the patient’s chest. What if the doctor needs to know how the patient’s heart is functioning continuously day after day? TAGecg aims to solve that problem.
Built by Welch Allyn, TAGecg sensor is a 7-day wearable continuous ECG recorder that transforms arrhythmia detection and management at the point of care. The ECG sensor empowers primary care, cardiology and hospital clinicians to better detect irregular heart rhythms such as A-Fib and flutter in the office, which can reduce time to diagnose and improve the patient experience. Featuring no leads or wires, this patient-friendly technology can help improve patient compliance and outcomes. And the simple, reimbursable procedure can help improve financial outcomes for your practice or office.
The doctor simply places the sensor on the patient and the patient can walk out the door. The patient can resume life without interruption with 7 days of continuous cardiac monitoring.
The best part is that TAGecg makes diagnosing easier. When the software is connected, within seconds, it produces all the information needed to determine a course of treatment.
- Small, lightweight
- Single-lead continuous ECG sensor records for up to 7 days
- Discrete, wireless & water-resistant
- No disruption to patient’s daily activities
- Proprietary algorithm effective in detecting A-Fib and flutter with greater than 98% PPV and sensitivity of 96%
- Streamline office workflows with easy application and access to the entire ECG recording
- Report generated immediately and delivers actionable snapshots of patient data Connect, analyze and interpret results from your office No third-party service or dedicated staff required