Misfit released its Vapor smartwatch last year, and now the company is back with its next generation Vapor 2 with new features including GPS tracker and NFC contactless payment option. However, all these advanced features will still be run by Qualcomm’s aging Snapdragon Wear 2100 processor.
The Misfit Vapor 2 is now in sale on Misfit.com starting at $249.99. The new Vapor 2 comes in two sizes: 41mm and 46mm, and a variety of colors and strap options. Both display sizes have 328ppi.
Overall, the Vapor 2 looks similar to its predecessor. It has a round AMOLED display and has an upgraded heart rate sensor that will track resting and active heart rate, as well as 4GB of built-in storage and 512MB of RAM.
There’s one feature that distinguishes it from other smartwatches on the market is the touch-sensitive bezel. Instead of brushing your finger along the black edges, you can use the rotating crown to scroll through menus and notifications.
As for the battery, the 41mm comes with a 300mAh battery while the 46mm is a bit bigger at 330mAh. The company said the battery should last all-day, but with built-in GPS and a heart-rate monitor, it needs to be tested out to see if it lasts that long – especially after workouts.
- Standalone GPS displays run and activity routes, metrics and stats
- Pay with your watch using Google Pay™
- Now available in 2 sizes (41mm and 46mm case sizes)
- Thinner case for more streamlined design
- Newly redesigned built-in heart rate tracking
- Textured sport strap option looks and feels like leather but waterproof and sweatproof like silicone
- Phone-free music player + smart notifications and alarms
- Swimproof in shallow water
- All day battery life
- Compatible with iPhone® and Android™ phones
- Powered with Wear OS by Google
In the box
- Misfit Vapor 2 Smartwatch, Charger, Travel Pouch, Quick Start Guide, and Warranty