Movesense announced it has shipped over 700 software development kits to developers creating smart wearables for sports, healthcare, entertainment, and industrial applications worldwide. Movesense is a ready-to-use motion sensor and development environment developed by well-known Finnish sports watch maker Suunto.
Movesense sensor can measure speed and acceleration and it can be used as a wearable device or can be attached to equipment.
Since its inception, the company has introduced several upgrades to its platform to give companies and development teams the tools to further accelerate the launch of wearable products. In 2018, several startups relied on Movesense to take their product to market from inception to pilot in a matter of months, says a press release.
Suunto, which is also a part of global sporting goods company Amer Sports, started developing Movesense for its own line of smartwatches in 2015. Because its open development environment is easy to use, early adopters of Movesense have been able to focus on smaller sports in which there are few products, but in which there is high demand for equipment that measures form, technique, and speed in a methodical manner.
Movesense said it will bring 5 companies to the CES 2019.
“We’re bringing five companies to CES, each showing new products that take advantage of Movesense, three of which launched within a year of finding us,” said Terho Lahtinen, Senior Manager, Future Concepts at Movesense. “We’re speeding development by lowering the barriers to entry in the wearables market.”
The upgrades to the Movesense platform include:
- Accelerated data analysis capabilities through partnerships with IBM Cloud and Microsoft Azure
- The addition of the Movesense Sensor Plugin for Unity 3D, the leading 3D visualization platform. The Unity 3D plug-in makes it easy to gather real-time data via Bluetooth Low Energy. The package includes examples of visualization and documentation to quickly start a project.
- A PC Simulator build that speeds up software development significantly
- New 3rd party modules that allow developers to share features with other developers
- The introduction of attachment accessories for the Movesense sensor to ease product development. The accessories, including clothing clips, surface mounts and straps, offer various practical ways to attach Movesense sensors to the location to be measured.
- Through Xamarin, a set of tools from Microsoft that allow developers using Visual Studio on PC or Mac to develop native apps for Android, iOS and Windows using C# and .NET.
- Compression of framework size that allows for a 20kB increase in flash memory. This frees up resources so developers can concentrate on actual user value and building their business.
Our CEO Christian Stammel will attend CES 2019 and also be part of the conference track Wearable Tech Summit on January 9. The perfect sneak peek on what will be awaiting you at the WT | Wearable Technologies Conference EUROPE 2019 will give you a deep dive into the current momentum of the wearable market and how you can turn the previous hype into mass volume. Our 33rd edition of the WT Conference will be bigger than ever with more than 1.500 m2 floor space and over 80.000 visitors from WT and ISPO integrated into the brand-new innovation hall C6 of the Munich Tradeshow. More than 60 high-level speakers coming from Bayer, BMW, Casio, Gore, Microsoft, and STMicroelectronics will give you latest insights in their applications and digitalization strategies via IoT and WT solutions and drive your business development. In the afternoon of the first day, you will get also the chance to be connected to 30 future stars of our ecosystem via our annual IOT/WT INNOVATION WORLD CUP® pitch and award ceremony.
Register here https://www.wearable-technologies.eu/ with 20% discount by using the code WT20.