Under Armour, an American footwear and sportswear manufacturer, is increasingly using Artifcial Intelligence (AI) to improve the fitness data that it collects from consumers, according to Jim Mollica, the company’s SVP of Digital Marketing and Media.
Over the past year or so, the sportswear maker has been incorporating AI into its data collecting capabilities, Mollica told Baltimore Business Journal.
Under Armour’s latest running show the HOVR CGR Connected, is designed for the hardened runners who head outside despite below-freezing temperatures. CGR stands for ColdGear Reactor, and “Connected” refers to the chip in the midsole, a next-tech feature the company has been rolling out in its Hovr line.
The Hovr midsole is made of foam to give its wearer the zero-gravity feel and a plenty of energy return. One drawback is the weight of the shoe, described as a “bit heavy” by a tester, reports Runners World.
The Hovr CGR Connected is the perfect shoe for the winter months when you don’t want to hit the treadmill. “With a secure fit, good cushioning, and amazing traction, I have my go-to cold-weather option,” said a tester.
Hovr CGR Connected Specs
- DIGITALLY CONNECTED: UA’s Record Sensor™ technology tracks, analyzes & stores virtually every running metric so you know exactly what you need to do to get better
- NEUTRAL: For runners who need a balance of flexibility & cushioning
- UA Storm technology repels water without sacrificing breathability
- Lightweight closed hole mesh upper with adaptive insulation in forefoot
- ColdGear® Reactor Intelligent insulation adapts to any degree of activity—it’s warmer when you slow down & cooler when you pick up
- Firm external heel counter for additional support that keeps the back of the foot locked-in place
- UA HOVR™ technology provides ‘zero gravity feel’ to maintain energy return that helps eliminate impact step after step
- Compression mesh Energy Web contains & molds UA HOVR™ foam to give back the energy you put in
- Michelin® rubber outsole provides added durability & better grip when it’s wet or icy
- Reflective details
- Removable insole
- Offset: 8mm
- Weight: 11.7 oz.
The Under Armour ecosystem is composed of four separate components, each offering their own unique function: the current and next generation of Under Armour’s HOVR Connected running shoes, the UA MapMyRun app, the Samsung Galaxy Watch, and UA True Wireless Flash headphones, engineered by JBL.
The company will ship its HOVR running shoes in February 1 with the new MapMyRun experience that can be downloaded from the company’s app store.