American fashion designer Fossil has launched proprietary nextgen touchscreen smartwatch and its newest hybrid smartwatches. The watches run on Wear OS and are powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 3100 platform, Fossil said in a press release.
“We’ve made multi-day battery life for touchscreen smartwatches possible with one touch – a disruptor for smartwatches on the Wear OS by Google platform. And, we’re leading the industry on Wear OS by Google by enabling tethered phone calls for iPhone users,” said Fossil Group Executive Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer Greg McKelvey. “Both advancements are the result of our unrelenting focus on advancing wearable technology. We’ll continue to integrate the latest tech features our customers need with the styles they love.”
According Fossil, these new watches will be the company’s most advanced smartwatches ever, thanks to new features including:
- Extended Battery Life. Extended battery mode unlocks multi-day usage by keeping on essential features such as notifications and heart rate on a single, one-hour charge
- Voice Calling that iPhone users to make and receive calls while tethered to their phones
- Microphone and Swimproof Speaker. Users can get things done with help from Google Assistant and hear responses back, take phone calls, get audible alerts, play music and more
- Increased Storage. 8GB storage and up to 16GB Memory
- Cardiogram, Spotify and Noonlight
- The latest Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 3100 platform
“We’re closely aligned with our partners at Google to ensure we’re constantly iterating within the Wear OS by Google platform to deliver the most desired smartwatch features and benefits,” said McKelvey. “We listened to our customers and knew that longer battery life and tethered iPhone calls were essential in our nextgen products.”
In addition to the new touchscreen smartwatches, Fossil will introduce a new category of hybrid smartwatches this fall/holiday seasons. This new category of hybrid smartwatches has functionality similar to a touchscreen smartwatch with the look and feel of a classic watch, while still offering long battery life.
Fossil Group, with over $400 million in wearable device sales in 2018, will launch more than 100 new smartwatch styles across 10 brands this 2019 fall/holiday retail season. The company will reveal the brands and specific styles throughout the season.