Garmin added pregnancy tracking to its Garmin Connect app to give moms-to-be a snapshot of their pregnancy alongside other health, wellness and activity data. Through the app and compatible Garmin smartwatch, users can log pregnancy-related symptoms, track baby movement, create customizable reminders, receive exercise and nutrition tips and more.
Created for women by women, pregnancy tracking is Garmin’s latest innovative women’s health feature following the announcement of menstrual cycle tracking in 2019, reports BusinessWire.
“Garmin remains committed to creating products and features for women throughout all phases of their life,” said Susan Lyman, Garmin vice president of global consumer marketing. “The positive feedback we received when we launched menstrual cycle tracking was a clear indication that our female customers are looking for more opportunities to use technology to improve their health and fitness. It’s our hope that this pregnancy tracking feature helps women make sense of how their pregnancy ties into their active lifestyles and overall well-being.”
- Enter baby’s due date and track progress on a pregnancy timeline including baby’s size as it compares to common fruits and vegetables.
- Learn how fitness and performance metrics fluctuate during pregnancy with the option to adjust heart rate alerts, monitor hydration and even pause training status completely.
- Receive education on symptoms to expect and nutrition tips. Opt-in to receive weekly weight gain recommendations.
- Create customized reminders that are delivered directly to the user’s smartwatch to drink water, log symptoms, do Kegel exercises and more.
- Manually log 30+ symptoms, three types of baby movement, blood glucose levels, notes and more. Get a summary of logged data for easy sharing during checkups.
- Use the Pregnancy Tracking Connect IQ™ app to conveniently and discreetly log this information from a compatible smartwatch.
- Contraction Timer Connect IQ app lets mom and labor partner track the duration and frequency of labor contractions from a compatible Garmin smartwatch.
For women maintaining an exercise regimen throughout their pregnancy, Garmin Connect offers additional ways to customize settings within the app and supported devices, including the ability to:
- Pause training status, since status often will decrease with the increased heart rate and blood volume that comes with pregnancy.
- Enable high heart rate alerts for activities so users can monitor their heart rate and stay within their doctors’ recommendations.
- Adjust daily hydration goals.
Pregnancy tracking is activated from the Garmin Connect app on a compatible smartphone within the menstrual cycle tracking feature allowing women to easily transition from logging their cycle to tracking a current pregnancy. The feature is available for many of Garmin’s best-selling wearables, including the Venu, vívoactive, Forerunner and fēnix series through the Connect IQ store. Pregnancy tracking is also available on the vívomove series through the Women’s Health Tracking widget.