Vuzix, a leading supplier of Smart Glasses and Augmented Reality (AR) technology and products, will demonstrate the latest features of Vuzix Blade® AR Smart Glasses that deliver increased functionality and new user experiences at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain.
Vuzix will be demonstrating the “Day in the Life with Blade” experience at MWC along with showing some new innovative products at its booth. The Vuzix M300XL Smart Glasses built for enterprise will be featured alongside Vuzix enterprise software partners demonstrating their applications running at the Vuzix booth which includes AMA, Re’Flekt, Zerintia and Ubimax, according to a press release.
The latest release of Blade OS 2.1, which will be available in early March, will include several new features like:
- Incoming phone call notifications for Android and iOS Blade users, including the option to answer, ignore or decline the phone call.
- Navigation push instructions that include turn by turn driving notifications pushed from an Android phone directly into the display of the Blade.
- Voice assistant support now includes a new single gesture control “shortcut” that will activate voice from any app or widget location.
- GPS APIs that are now available from the phone through the Blade, which will open up a series of location-aware and location-based applications for the Blade, including the public release of the AccuWeather and Yelp applications.
- Wireless photo and video sharing directly between the Blade and the smart phone for sharing video or pictures taken on the Blade with friends and family via email, messenger platforms and social media outlets.
“The latest Blade OS and Vuzix Blade Companion apps provide Blade users with a powerful set of new capabilities and features that mark a significant step forward for the Vuzix Blade Smart Glasses,” said Paul Travers, Vuzix President and Chief Executive Officer. “As exciting as these new features are, Vuzix is just getting started. Throughout the year, Vuzix will be refining and adding new capabilities to the device. In the coming weeks, Blade users can expect the release of GPS-based applications including weather from AccuWeather and connections to local businesses via Yelp, as well as other Blade applications that include news, sports, entertainment and utility apps via the Vuzix App Store. In addition to these Blade enhancements we are very excited about our upcoming new enterprise products that are being demonstrated at MWC, all representing a significant leap ahead in smart glasses technologies and performance.”