Coros, a Redmond, Washington-based sports tech start-up focused on endurance sports wearables, launched VERTIX GPS Adventure Watch. Described as the “biggest product launch in company history,” the smartwatch is the longest lasting, most powerful watch ever built and will help make running, cycling, climbing, and other activities safer and more efficient for all explorers.
Features of VERTIX GPS watch include:
- Extended 45-days of battery life in regular use and 60+ hours of battery life in full GPS mode
- Innovative Altitude Mode. This is designed with mountain climbing in mind, and it provides 24/7 blood oxygen monitoring, altitude performance assessment and built-in alert system to notify the user when they are safe to resume climbing.
- Industry leading low temperature performance. Works down to -4°F/-20°C with less than a 30% depreciation in battery performance. Extreme temperature testing showed 21 hours of battery in GPS mode at -22°F/-30°C.
- Four color options including the unique “Ice-Breaker” model with a clear casing that lets the user see inside the unit.
A variety of climbers, runners and outdoor explorers have tested the watch in various conditions in the last few months, said the company in a press release.
More features and specs include:
- Titanium frame and bezel with Sapphire Glass screen
- 150-meter water proof – the only GPS watch with this rating
- 150 hours of battery life in UltraMax GPS mode
- Navigation with interactive touch screen for easy viewing
- Detailed training metrics and performance evaluations
- Barometric Altimeter for precise altitude readings
- Oximeter to measure blood oxygen levels
- 76g – the lightest watch in its class
“As someone who is personally passionate about both climbing and trail running and who aspires to train for big mountain expeditions, I could not be more excited to bring VERTIX to those who share my love for the outdoors,” said Lewis Wu, CEO of COROS. “VERTIX is the longest lasting, most powerful and incredible GPS watch ever built and will make adventures safer and more efficient for all explorers.”
The VERTIX GPS will be available for purchase on coros.com and at select running and outdoor specialty retailers. Shipping will begin on or before Tuesday June 4th with a suggested retail price starting at $599.
WT | Wearable Technologies Conference in San Francisco on July 9-10
The most innovative wearables event will be back on July 9-10 in beautiful San Francisco at SEMICON West to celebrate the 34th edition of the WT | Wearable Technologies Conference Series. Topics include data analytics in professional sports, prevention, treatment and rehabilitation with wearables, the future of digital health, medication and adherence, smart patches, workflow optimization and workforce safety and much more – featuring international leaders and experts of the wearables industry´s biggest names including Abbott, Autodesk, Datwyler, Kopin, Maxim Integrated, Multek, NFLPA, Omron, SharkDreams, Qualcomm, and many more. Register now to be part of #WTUS19